Description


Top Image

Goals for 2012

Posted on: 1.01.2012


Happy New Year! The year 2011 started off with a lot of potential.  See my list of goals for 2011 by clicking here.  Now that we are at the end, there were some very low lows and very high highs. I tackled fear after fear, started a business, and got engaged.

Travel: We started the year off by going to Disney. Then had a quick trip to Tampa to watch Team USA soccer and go to MOSI. Jesse took a trip by himself to Milwuakee and I took a trip by myself to St. Louis for my college roommate’s wedding. We both travelled somewhere new when we went to Puerto Rico and had a beautiful time!

Photography: I started a business!! I’ve even had a few clients. I have not had as much time to work on the business as I thought I would, but it’s still really fun and I’m so proud I haven’t given up. I also rediscovered shooting film and hope to incorporate this into my professional work next year.

Fear Fighting: As many of you know, I am a shy person. I don’t like to talk about myself nor do I like to talk in front of people. It is because of this fear that I decided to take a local Dale Carnegie course. The first week I cried! Yet I still returned and completed the 12 week course to get a certificate in Human Relations and Effective Communications. It was super scary every week, but I did improve and still apply things I’ve learned. I have used this strength I found to apply to other times when I’ve been scared this year…like kayaking at night in Puerto Rico to see the bioluminescent bay. I overcame my fear and thoroughly enjoyed myself!

Relationship: After another magical year, Jesse and I got engaged! He has been amazing this year, as always, with his never-ending love and support. He always knows what to say and is so much fun to be around. I am definitely the luckiest girl in the world!

Other Events of Distinction: I got my ears pierced. I found a new favorite book: Game of Thrones. I got a promotion at work. I started cooking meals at least once a week. I no longer purchase frozen meals to eat for lunch. I’ve started eating healthier. I dont go into my shell as often and I am much happier.

While there were a lot of great things that happened this year, I think 2012 is going to be even better! Make it a great one!

My 2012 Goals
  1. Find a house!  (completed August 1, 2012)
  2. Find or create a science club  
  3. Take a dance class 
  4. Be happy with the present and not worry about the future  (completed by 2013)
  5. Work out three times a week
  6. Try a new restaurant once a month with Jesse
  7. Plan a responsible wedding (completed by 2013)
  8. Deserve a raise and get it!  (completed November 26, 2012)
  9. Travel somewhere new 
  10. Try 30 days of a Clean Eating Lifestyle  (completed January 2-31, 2013)
  11. Communicate with friends at least once every two weeks  (completed by 2013)
  12. Create a vision plan for my life (completed by 2013)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Thursday Blog All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger