Description


Top Image

Tokyo Day 6: Shiodome, Roppongi Hills, Odaiba

Posted on: 11.10.2011

On our final day in Tokyo, we went to the Tokyo Tower.  It is really bright orange!  We didn't go up it, but I ate a banana and chocolate crepe underneath.  We walked around this area and then headed to Roppongi Hills, a mall in Roppongi.  While there, we had a curry udon for lunch from Sugamo Kunaya.  Curry is one of my favorite foods and this did not disappoint!  Afterwards we went to Akihabara to find some neat little electronic.  My dad bought my mom a skinny AM/FM radio.  We then made our way to Shimbashi and took the Tokyo Monorail across Rainbow Bridge to Odaiba.  We walked around, watched the sun set and went back to our hotel to change for our fancy dinner!  My dad and I then went to Tofuya Ukai underneath the Tokyo Tower for a traditional Japanese dinner with many many courses.  My favorites were the deep fried tofu with sweet miso sauce, charcoal-grilled wagu beef, and the steamed soft abalone.  Since it was traditional, the servers wore kimonos and serving was part of the dinner and it was a true art form.  We also had to take our shoes off for the tatami mats and to go to the bathroom, they loan you a pair of traditional wooden sandals.  They were the hardest to walk in and I kept losing them; it must have been a hilarious sight!  A really fun experience!


















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Thursday Blog All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger