Description


Top Image

Rome: The Food

Posted on: 3.19.2015

One of the main reasons I love to travel is to eat and drink.  It is a great glimpse into the culture of a place, plus it is delicious.  Before we left on our honeymoon, I had a few requests to take a lot of pictures of the food we ate.  Luckily that isn't a problem for me; I love taking pictures of food.  Check out my Instagram if you don't believe me.  While we ate great everywhere, I thought since we were in Rome the longest I would make a post on just the delicious food we ate there.  The food in Rome can be a bit hit or miss.  Since there are so many touristy places, it can be difficult at times to find a good one.  The ones listed below were awesome and I highly recommend them!

Where We Ate:
Enoteca Cul De Sac
Da Buffeto
Fridgidarium
Ristorante Mario's
Osteria dell'Ingegno
La Sacrestia Ristorante

Fun story about Ristorante Mario's.  I went to Italy with my family in 2000 and we ate at this really good restaurant near the Roman Forum.  On our third day in Rome, we had plans to go to the Roman Forum and Colosseum.  The night before I emailed my mom and asked her if she had any crazy memory of what that restaurant was called.  I woke up in the morning with an email from her that had pin-pointed the location of the restaurant!  She didn't remember the name, but she did remember the roads we had taken to get there and followed them on the map and knew that this must be the right place.  And as soon as we walked up to it, I knew it was the right one!  It was just as good as it was 13 years ago.  Thanks Mom!

IMG_1919
IMG_2131
IMG_2134
IMG_2135
IMG_2194
IMG_2195
IMG_2196
Wedding and honeymoon 1617
IMG_2280
IMG_2313
IMG_2336
IMG_2338
IMG_2340
IMG_2360
IMG_2384
IMG_2396
Wedding and honeymoon 1798

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Thursday Blog All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger