Posted on: 12.20.2012
Jesse and I had an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party at our new house last weekend. We had a really fun time with our friends and family. I made some hot chocolate in the CrockPot that was SO good and we had a ton of snacks! I also set up a fun photo booth to capture all of the Ugly Sweaters which you can see below. Our friends were so creative and we even had prizes for the top two voted ugly sweaters! It was a really fun time and got me into the Christmas spirit! I hope we will be able to do it again next year. ;) I will not be posting next week because I will be on holiday break. I hope you all have a very merry Christmas and a happy new year!
Posted on: 12.04.2012
In November, I did a thirty days of thanks where I actually thanked all of the wonderful people in my life. I called/texted/wrote/emailed these great people and told them how important they were to me. It was very fulfilling! I hope to do this every year. Some of it was repetitive, but I was just keeping track of it on twitter. Anything is better than not telling people how important they are to you.
- Grateful to have my brave, funny, caring, and beautiful sister in my life! How lucky I am!
- I love my Mom! She is one of my best friends and I value her opinion so much!
- I am so grateful for my fiance. I hope I can care for him as well as he does me. Live Goal: be a great wife!
- I am thankful for my house. I love being a homeowner! So empowering! I love making a home with my best friend.
- I am grateful to have a job. While not ideal, it has helped me buy a house, pay the bills, and have benefits.
- I am grateful to be a citizen of a great nation where I am granted the freedom to cast my vote and voice my opinions.
- I am thankful for my fitness studio: Beyond Motion. They helped me find a fitness routine I not only do, but love!
- I am thankful for dinner and margaritas with a friend after work. It was great to chat!
- I am blessed to be living in such a wonderful place! The weather and views are unbeatable!
- I am thankful for the gift of love. And to have my own soul mate!
- Thank you to all the men and women serving our country! I truly appreciate your sacrifice!
- I am thankful for the grocery store! Silly but as much as I hate going I am glad I don’t have to hunt and gather!
- I am grateful for my Grandad. We shared many interests: dancing and photography included.
- I am thankful for my exercise calss. The instructor is so sweet and the calss helped get me exercising again. And I love it!
- I am thankful for my sweet future sister-in-law!
- I am thankful for my energetic, cute nephew!
- I am thankful for my future in laws. How giving they are and how well they raised their son!
- I love being a homeowner!
- Grateful to have a friend who I would feel comfortable talking to about anything. Plus I love our pen-pal ways!
- I LOVED writing tomorrow’s to-do list item: Read Magazines. aka a day off from work
- I am thankful for my Gran and her never-ending love. So inspiring!
- Grateful to have a wonderful day to spend with BOTH of my families! And that my Dad was home this year!
- Thankful to crash a 10-year high school reunion and catch up with old friends!
- Thankful for my Wash U friends! I was watching Senior Dances and just missed you all so much!
- I am grateful for 17 wonderful years with our Chardonnay! We miss him every day.
- I am so thankful for my father for his endless giving. Time, love, gifts, everything. I love him.
- I am thankful for my Nana. She was an incredibly sweet woman and I am lucky I got to spend the time with her when I did.
- I am lucky to have an Aunt and cousins who, despite distance, would help me out with anything!
- I am so blessed to have Jesse in my life every day!
- I got a little behind on #30daysofthanks, but I am so grateful for everyone in my life. My friends, family, fiance, house, job, and so so so SO much more!