Description


Top Image

Firenze!

Posted on: 1.16.2014


After a couple nights in Venice, we headed over to Florence by train. When I was kid, I went to Italy with my family and did not like Florence, so I wasn't really looking forward to it and we only planned to be there three nights.  Oh wow, was I in for a surprise!  I fell deeply in love with it!  It is a small, walkable city with inexpensive and delicious food, and it is beautiful.  The architecture and art is breathtaking.  Every street begged for me to photograph it and being the navigator, I led us past the Duomo every time.  I know I will be back again someday.  If you are lucky enough to go, please make sure you climb the Duomo, go up to Piazzale Michaelangelo, and eat at Trattoria Sostanza.

Where We Stayed:

Where We Ate:
Trattoria Sostanza (please go here, best chicken I have EVER had)
Note di Vino (wine bar)
Cibreo Trattoria (near Santa Croce, handwritten menu in Italian)
Casa Del Vin Santo (near Ponte Vecchio)
Perche No? (gelateria)
Trattoria ZaZa (order anything with truffle sauce)



















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Thursday Blog All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger