Our wedding day was amazing! A few things didn't go according to plan (like the officiant calling me Veronica) and even a few things I would change in retrospect. But those quirks just made it even more memorable and perfect. I could not have imagined a better day. Being surrounded by our family and closest friends while we pledged our lives to one another was by far our best moment so far. We are so grateful for all of the love, help, and support that was shown to us by so many people leading up to and during our wedding. We will never forget it.
This past Sunday, Jesse and I celebrated six months of marriage. Today I just wanted to share a few of my favorite moments from the day along with some amazing images from Jessica Lorren Organic Photography. Having her capture my day was the perfect choice and I am thrilled with the results. I am so thankful! All of the photos below are by Jessica Lorren.
1. First look with my dad - I had seen this done online and I knew I wanted to do the same. Besides my mom and sister, nobody had seen or even heard about my dress. I wanted it to be a big surprise. After a fun day getting ready with my mom, sister, and sister-in-law, I was so excited to show my dad what I looked like. I knew he wouldn't cry, but his expressions were still the best.
2. Walking down the aisle with my dad towards Jesse - We didn't do a first look because we had both been dreaming of that moment. I walked down the aisle to "Canon in D" by Pachelbel and as soon as my dad and I started walking, I started crying. I knew it would happen since I am a cry baby. And I remember feeling a big crocodile tear roll down my cheek as we turned to walk on the grass down the aisle. Later I also find out that as soon as Jesse saw me, he put his hand on his heart and said "Damn!" Not a bad reaction. :) After the ceremony, everyone told me that I made them start crying too.
3. Our first kiss - The whole ceremony was amazing. This part did seem to fly by but I think we were just so excited to be getting married! Finally! But the true icing on the cake was our first kiss. It was not planned and as we turned around to face each other, Jesse whispered, "I'm going to dip you" and he did.
4. Time alone - After the ceremony, and after the formal family pictures, Jessica took us away from the action and we just enjoyed our first few minutes as Mr. And Mrs. We were so happy and you can see it in our photos. This truly was a highlight for me, which I didn't expect. I hadn't even really planned on having this time. Jessica is just such a pro.
5. Cutting the cake - Why hadn't anyone talked about practicing this before? We had no idea what we were doing, haha. Jesse picked up the knife and was about the start cutting the top layer (which we were freezing for our one year), but I directed him down to the bottom layer. It was silly and fun. Also I had no idea I had given Jesse such an enormous piece of cake until I saw the video and pictures. Oops!
6. Dancing with our loved ones - I love dancing on a normal day, so I really love dancing at weddings. I also love that we had a small wedding and we were able to see and talk to everyone and still have time for dancing. Pretty much everybody got up and danced at some point in the evening.