Description


Top Image

Tokyo February 2009: Day 1

Posted on: 9.22.2011

Back in February of 2009, I took an amazing trip to Tokyo, Japan with my Dad!  We had never taken a trip with just the two of us before, but it was a great bonding experience.  Plus I got to take so many pictures, but I never had much of chance to share my experiences.  I hope you will enjoy a few weeks worth of posts about my short trip.

Day 1 consisted of a very long flight from Dallas-Ft. Worth to Narita, followed by the Narita Express to Shinjuku.  Then we changed to the JR Yamanote line to Ebisu, where our hotel was located: The Westin Tokyo.  A very nice hotel that I would love to stay in again!  By the time we got there it was already dinner time and we were exhausted.  We went over to Roppongi in a taxi to a restaurant called Robataya Roppongi.  The food was excellent and everything was cooked really well.  I tried hot sake for the first time.  I loved all the little details here: picking out my own sake mug, a little ceramic tray for another customer's reading glasses, and everyone in the restaurant yelling something out whenever you order.  The scallops and enoki mushrooms were my favorite.  After dinner we did a bit of walking around, but went back to the hotel and went to bed because we were exhausted.















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Thursday Blog All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger